Good Practice Scheme Award
It has been nine extremely successful years at The Dentist at Liberty Place and each year we have achieved the prestigious 'Good Practice Scheme award' which continues into 2016.
The Good Practice Scheme helps practices to be aware of the standards nationally agreed by the British Dental Association. Every dentist and staff member in our practice has made a personal commitment to quality dentistry:
- We aim to provide dental care of a consistently excellent quality for all patients. We have management systems to help us and these define each practice member’s responsibilities when looking after you
- We will work with you to provide care that meets your needs and wishes. We will explain options, where appropriate, and costs so that you can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are proposing to do and tell you about significant risks and benefits.
- Practice working methods are reviewed regularly at staff meetings utilising patient feedback and we encourage staff to make suggestions for improving the way we care for our patients.
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care. We will ask you about your general health and about any medicines you may be taking. This helps us to treat you safely. We keep all information about you strictly confidential.
- Infection control and cleanliness is essential to the safety of our staff and patients. All staff working in clinical practice receive intense training on the current standards of infection control and these are rigorously enforced.
- We screen all patients for mouth cancer at all routine check ups and discuss tobacco and alcohol use because they increase your oral cancer risk.
- All staff take part in continuing professional education to keep our skills and knowledge up to date.
- All staff joining the practice receive training in practice procedures. There is an annual individual review of training needs for everyone in the practice.
- We ask our patients for their views on our services and have systems for dealing promptly with any patient complaints. We encourage feedback and learn from any mistakes that are made.
- Every member of the team is aware of the need to work strictly under General Dental Council Guidelines.